College students with 30 or more semester hours, or students who applied for, but were not awarded a 4 year scholarship, may be eligible to join the Notre Dame NROTC battalion as a College Program Student. College Program Students do not receive the financial benefits of a 4 year scholarship awardee, but may join the battalion to pursue a commission as a Naval Officer. College Program Students are fully integrated in the battalion and may be eligible to compete for various other NROTC Scholarships. The goal of the College Program is to help qualified Midshipmen earn a 4, 3, or 2-year scholarship, or Advanced Standing.
All applicants must meet the basic requirements for the program. These requirements are summarized below:
- Applicant must be admitted to or be a current student at University of Notre Dame, Holy Cross College or St. Mary’s College.
- Applicant must be an American citizen or be in process of becoming a naturalized American citizen.
- Applicant must not be older than 27 years old by December 31st of year in which graduation and commissioning is anticipated.
- Applicants already in college must be in their Freshman or Sophomore year.
- Applicant must meet the Navy height and weight standards and must be able to be physically qualified for admittance into the armed forces.
- Must pass the Navy Physical Fitness Test.
If interested in joining the college program, email email@example.com for more details.